Tuesday, September 16, 2008

An Update from Leanne about FELICITIE!!!!

Hi Nedra,

She cried a lot at first but I think she has adjusted now. Every day we go on an adventure and she is getting a bit bolder on the trails. At first we rode with another horse until she got familiar with our trails and had a chance to become more confident and used to me. Now we are splitting the horses up half way through the ride. She is a bit reluctant at first but with a bit of encouragement she goes on home by herself.

She is such a gentle spirit and so easy to ride that we go around in a hackamore and a bareback pad. She has not had a bit in her mouth or a saddle on her since she arrived. I am going to ride her bareback at a walk around the trails until she is closer to four years old. Then we can step up the training and do some arena workwith a saddle and bit.
I think I fall in love with her a bit more every day. She is all and more than I dreamed of. She is sweet, affectionate, smart inquisitive, beautiful and graceful. I believe this is the perfect match for both of us. Tell the girls she is much loved.

Thanks for checking on her and take care,

Leanne

No comments: